Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Memory Eternal.

Christ is Risen!

I want to write more about Pascha soon. But for now, I want to share this news with you.

Our church community is grieving because our sister, Esther, has fallen asleep in The Lord. She died last night surrounded by her sisters, parents, husband, baby son, and two of our priests. (I wrote more about her sickness following the birth of her son, Elliott, in my previous post.)

I am sad to say, I was never given much opportunity to get to know her very well. I am good friends with her older sister, Sally, and her mother sings in our church choir with me. We only met a handful of times. But, she was so kind and immediately remembered my name. I saw her last at a baby shower a few short weeks ago and we spoke for a few minutes. She was such a sweet and kind person. It's really hard to believe she's gone.

Thank you again for remembering her in your prayers.

May her memory be eternal!

No comments: