Wednesday, April 07, 2010

blossoms.

Christ is Risen!


Here are a few photos of the spring beauty that I'm seeing these days. The first is of my dogwood tree right outside of my window. It brings me joy every time I look outside. The second is the only remaining hydrangea from my Pascha basket. I think it looks so sweet alone in the mason jar.

(PS- I'm glad to report, there will be an increase in photography on this blog in the coming weeks. I have finally replaced my camera!)


And, in light of my friend Esther's death this week, I was reminded of this portion of St. John Crystostom's Paschal homily in my friend Hannah's facebook status.

"O Death, where is thy sting?
O Hell, where is thy victory?

Christ is risen, and thou art overthrown!
Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen!
Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice!
Christ is risen, and life reigns!
Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in the grave.
For Christ, being risen from the dead,
Is become the first-fruits of those who have fallen asleep." - St. John Crystostom, Paschal Homily

No comments: