Monday, May 12, 2008

tadaaaa!

It all worked out...
So, I looked at some other cars. I thought about how much I wanted to spend on a car payment, and then I thought about the car in Dyersburg. This was the car I mentioned in my previous post. I really wasn't crazy about it on Saturday, but the more time I spent looking at other cars, the better its price tag sounded.

So today my dad called the car dealership and talked to the salesman, he made the price shrink even further, and then he called the bank. I had already gotten a loan from my bank, but I had to sign for it. On my lunch break I drove to the bank, got the fastest explanation in the history of loans, and signed for my loan.

As soon as I left work I headed home to meet my best friend Abby. She had agreed to drive me to the dealership in Dyersburg. (They closed at 6, so we had to hustle!)
The drive was fun....
When we got to the dealership, I signed for the car, hopped in and drove away! For an almost 3 week ordeal, this was the easiest part of the process. Here it is, my 2006 Kia Spectra5. It really grew on me. It gets great gas mileage (something like 33-35mpg) and it was a fabulous price! I love love love it! It has a sunroof/moonroof (what's the difference anyway?) It has power windows and locks (a feature missing from my '03 Kia Rio, "Peri," may she rest in peace.) It has keyless entry, and cruise control (another feature missing on my previous car.) I fell in love with the hatchback style. Oh and in case you can't tell from the picture, it's silver. I wanted to document the signing of the title, but I forgot.

Isn't it adorable!!!
I seriously have the best friend in the world! I mean, who would drive all the way to Dyersburg only to drive back alone. We did get to eat at Sweet Peppers for dinner. Abby and I worked at the old Cordova location a couple of summers back, we hated the job but loved the food. We were both terribly sad to see it close. I think Abby only went with me for the Sweet Peppers.
We had such fun.

I'm a much happier camper now. I'm super happy to have my own car (actually in my own name) and I'm even happier to have less debt, the thought of a more expensive car made me feel sick!

Now I have to name her. A couple of options are: Ilver (one of the doccuments in the car has the color listed as "ilver" instead of silver.) Also, Skipper, the car really reminds me of Barbie's kid sister. (I never really identified with Barbie, Skipper was so much more my speed.) Decisions decisions!

OK, new invitation: Add this in addition to the invitation to "do lunch," I would love to take you for a ride in my super cool car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you are a happy camper! I'm glad to hear that it all worked out.
Can't wait for a ride in _______... I'll have to think about a name suggestion.
MB

Anonymous said...

When I was 25 years old I was pregnant with baby #1 (Nathan). We had l OLD car between my husband and me and we were planning on it making it for a long time to come. We had no medical insurance, so baby was $$$ to us. We owned a bike shop. My husband took his bike to work that day--(about 10 or 15 miles from home) and I had THE car for the monthly Dr visit. I walked out the door and watched a Scoop Loader lower it's front onto the hood of our car which threw it in the middle of the street where it got bashed from behind. The good news: I wasn't in it. The bad news: the ins paid less than what we had just bought for new tires, to make for safety for the new baby! You can imagine me, the screaming banshee, approaching the guy---about my age driving the scoop loader!!! He said the brakes went out, he was on a hill and he could crash into my "old car" or the new one across the street. LESSON #1 AlWAYS crash into the new car because it will have comprehensive insurance---not the old one with "blue book" value which is worth nothing when replacing the vehicle....

Corinne