I think this momentous occasion warrants one of my "Day in the Life of Caitlyn" posts. I'm pretty sure that nobody has ever been this excited about an 8-5!
- 6:05- Wake up! (I only hit my snooze alarm once today!)
- 6:15- Make coffee (in my brand new french press) and pack my lunch.
- 6:20- Get ready for work. It's pretty exciting to wear my hair down for work, I've had to rock the ponytail for the last two years at the SBUX. (My outfit: black pencil skirt, black and white blouse, brand new red shoes, my oh so chic big black leather bag, and red coral earrings)
- 7:15- Hop into my rental car with my coffee and drive....
- 8:00- Begin my very first day!
- 8:30- Monday morning meeting.
- 9:00- Begin new job paperwork, oy!
- 11:00- Finish paperwork, go to staff meeting. (Enough with the meetings already.)
- 12:00- Lunch Break!!!! I ended up ditching my sandwich (it didn't look good to me anymore) and went for a veggie burger at back yard burger.
- 1:00- Meet "file students" they're high school kids who do filing work for the company a few hours each week. This was when I actually worked today! By this point I was ready to do something constructive
- 1:00-5:00- learn all about the file room, and put away files. Not very glamorous, but I had a nice time.
- 5:00- Drive home.
- 6:00- Stop at Target to buy Naan for Mom's celebratory Indian Food Feast she prepared for me.
- 6:30- Now we feast! Brandon came over and we enjoyed the delicious food, THANKS MOM!
Overall, a pretty good day... I probably sound pretty square.
P.S.- Anyone up for a lunch date? I've got an hour long lunch break Monday-Friday with YOUR name on it!