Tuesday, February 05, 2008

That's right I haven't posted since before Christmas...

So I guess I should write a sort of "catch up" post.


December: Christmas was wonderful. It was my first Orthodox Nativity. Christmas eve was a super busy day. It began with a morning Liturgy. The following afternoon was spent making yummy curried devilled eggs for the Nativity feast and getting ready for the Manning Family Christmas Extravaganza.

That evening Brandon and I loaded up the Saturn and drove to my Grandparent's house in NW TN. We had a wonderful time hanging out with my fam. This was my very first Christmas to show up with a significant other, and I think it went pretty well.

We had to leave the gathering early to head back to Memphis. We had to make it to our Nativity Liturgy that night. The liturgy went late into the night and the following feast went even later!

The next day was amazing and fun, I had a great time with my family and with Brandon's family. I got two of the coolest armchairs from Santa, tons of awesome stuff from Brandon's family, including a crepe maker, creme brulee kit, and canvases (for my artistic endeavors.) And from Brandon.......... I got a travel book for New York........

Oh and he also gave me A TRIP TO NEW YORK!!!!! It was pretty much the best Christmas present ever! My travel agent, er boyfriend, had planned a trip for the two of us to my favorite city in the world. No worries everyone, we had separate rooms on different floors.

But on to the rest of the "catch up." The next week after Christmas was a blur.

January: Before I knew it it was New Year's eve. Brandon and I celebrated a very anticlimactic countdown to the new year. We celebrated in the car, and basically missed the countdown. We ended up at his house eating grilled cheese and drinking champagne, pathetic huh?

The next day we had such a great time hanging out at the Chushman New Year's Extravaganza! We had such a great time, and I truly understand why Margaret told me it was "New Year's Heaven."

That night we left my house around 1am to drive to Nashville to catch our 6am flight. Then we flew to NY, it was so much fun! I won't bore you with the details right now, I'm pretty sure Ive bored my readers with enough details for the time being. I'll write a boring trip to NY post later.

No comments: