Wednesday, February 25, 2009

you MUST do this...

I will post a real post again soon.  I've been working on penning a recipe that I make all the time, but haven't ever written down.  

Lent starts next Monday, and I promise I'll have a whole lot to say then!  (I do realize that today was Ash Wednesday for the Catholics, but we're on a different calendar.  We'll celebrate Easter a week later than the westerners this year.)  More on that later.

So, here is the most fun thing ever!  My new friend Laura from the We Wilsons blog has started a handmade tea towel swap.  And we all know how much fun these things are when lots of people are involved!  

You have got to do this!  I think it'll be so fun.  Won't you please join in!

The rules are below:
"This swap is open to anyone (that means you), but I'm going to limit it to 50 people. So here's the rules:

1. We'll swap two dish towels (old or new, and embellished by you however you like: embroidered, stamped, appliqued, crocheted edge, or whatever), and a recipe.
2. Sign up by 
next Thursday (March 5) by sending me your name, email, and blog if you have one to wilsonlauralyn AT gmail DOT com.
3. I will pair you up randomly and sometime the following weekend, I will send you your swap partner's email address. You and your partner will be responsible for exchanging your mailing addresses.
4. 
Mail your towels and recipes by March 27th. That gives you a whole month to make your towels. I'll try to send you reminders throughout, so no one forgets!
5. Send me a picture, or you can post it on your own blog and send me the link! I won't post pictures until your partner has received their swap so no surprises are spoiled."

2 comments:

Susan Cushman said...

A tea towel embellished by moi. It's not happening, Caitlyn, but you girls have fun. Now if you were doing a different kind of swap, like maybe a poetry swap, where each person has to write a poem.... (hmmm, April is National Poetry Month)....

Claire said...

laura's email is wilsonlauralynn@gmail.com

She put it in her blog incorrectly, just so you know!!