So, many of my friends have been circulating this e-mail with a Christmas quiz. I mean everyone's doing it! I had almost 19 of them in my inbox this morning! I thought it'd be more fun to post it here. Enjoy... and feel free to copy it and answer the questions on your blog. I love to hear this sort of thing.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper- I usually have a theme to my wrapping... it's a very big deal for me to choose my signature motif each year.
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake ones are sad, but I hate the idea of cutting down ANOTHER tree for a pretty smell... one year my family bought a tree with the roots still on it and we planted it after the fact.
3. When do you put up the tree? I still live with the parents, so they decorate after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? My parents take it down before the stroke of midnight on Christmas... I'm Orthodox though, the party just started on Dec. 25. I'll be taking MINE down 12 days later.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I really love my Mudder's boiled custard. Pronounced "bowled custard." Mmmmmm!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Samantha American Girl doll.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? My parents have one, for some reason it's Native American, I honestly don't understand it!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My MOTHER! And maybe Abby, although she's taken to just sending me e-mails of the things she wants, it does make things easier.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Brandon, he's very outspoken about his interests. It makes things easy!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know... maybe the fact that SOMEONE stole the rosemary bush I won last year at Andrea and Aaron's dirty Santa!
11. Email or Christmas cards? Cards, cards, cards! (Remember what I said about cutting down the trees, I make exceptions!) I love to pick out cards or make them... just another opportunity to express my sense of style!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? EASY! A Christmas Story... it's classic. Although I really do love Elf!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ugh, I don't want to talk about it! The answer is: when I have the money!!!
14.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom ALWAYS makes a cheese strata for breakfast on Christmas morning. I eat that along with my stocking candy... healthy healthy!
17. Favorite Christmas song? "All I want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Cary... I'm not kidding. It was my phone's ringtone a few years ago. Brandon HATES it!
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Stay home! All the Grandparents come to us. Such fun!
19. How many Christmas parties will you attend? I don't know. I already know of two, and a wrapping party. We shall see!
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No. sorry.
21 . Angel on the tree top or a star? I think I'd have a star. The Angel would clash with all of the piggie ornaments I already own! And for the record, I do not like the theme tree! (My mom has an angels and harps tree, she's a harpist, I just don't like it!)
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? With my dad's family on Christmas eve night, and then with our immediate family on Christmas morning.
23 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? Two words: Shopping Mall!
24 . What I love most about Christmas? Um, food. Duh! But I also really love the "cozy." Everything about the holiday is cozy... I love the cozy!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My own apartment... But in reality, I would love to get a food mill, like the French ladies use.
- ► 2010 (42)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ▼ November (7)