Tuesday, June 17, 2008

can things go back to normal... please!?

I do like my job. I promise. But it just feels like I've lost the old Caitlyn. She was creative, she got excited to go to church, didn't mind volunteering for everything, and actually had time for the gym!

I know that all sounds dramatic. I just want to feel back to normal. For starters: I'm tired. I know this has to do with the fact I've only made it to the gym two times in the month since I started my job. I finally resolved to go when they opened at 6am yesterday. As a result I had a wonderful day. This morning: I overslept. I plan to go to pilates with Gigi tonight. I'll be sore tomorrow, but it's worth it.

I've also been too tired to be creative. I used to embark on artsy projects. Last summer I made a collage that I absolutely love. I have 2 blank canvases I've been dying to use. So far, they haven't been touched.

Along with my creative endeavors went cooking. Cooking makes me happy! This Saturday night (while I was house sitting for Meribeth a.k.a. 24 hour vacation) I cooked a delicious meal. I went to Easy Way (my heart) and got some beautiful asparagus, and oranges, some delicious butter (no seriously, it was so good!) along with some of the best cherries ever! I also bought challah bread, fresh shrimp, delicious Italian parsley, grits, and set out to make dinner. If you didn't figure it out. I made shrimp and grits, roasted asparagus, and a chocolate bread pudding with an orange chocolate sauce. No recipes, just inspiration and creativity, the way I love to cook!

Lately I haven't been as excited to go to Church. The exhaustion played a role there too. I'm getting over it. But honestly, I just didn't want to go, I didn't feel like praying, and I didn't even want to read anything Church related. After our Pentecost Kneeling Vespers, I felt like things there went back to normal. I don't know why. They just did.

I'm very excited about two other things, VCS (Vacation Church School), and OCF (Orthodox Christian Fellowship.) I volunteered for VCS forever ago, but we really started planning this week. I'm so excited. Also, we're planning some stuff for OCF this summer, this makes me happy.

This is a very whiny post. I apologize. I just want things to be back to normal, and posting on my blog makes me feel pretty normal. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dearest caitlyn, I hate to say it, but welcome to the 40 hr work week. I remember my very first 40 hr job...it was all i could do to get home and collapse..i was 22 and felt twice that. Anyway, it gets better..maybe I'm just used to feeling the way you described or maybe "normal" gets an adjustment!
Marjo

Andrea said...

I'm with Marjo on this one...say hello to the new you...working girl! It does take some getting used to but it really does get better. You'll get used to the schedule and begin to make wonderful use of your time at home. Hang in there!

Susan Cushman said...

and yes, this is "normal" time in the Orthodox church... the ups and downs of Lent and Pascha are gone for this year. It's more exciting to go to church during those seasons... and when you don't have a full-time job! hang in there... you've got a lifetime to figure this dance out:-)