Saturday, March 29, 2008

caitlyn's very exciting friday

Well, since it's now officially Saturday, I thought I'd recap my amazing Friday. Come on, who doesn't love a tiny bit of narcissism?
  • 7:00am- Alarm clock rings... press snooze.
  • 7:10am- Shut up you stupid alarm... press snooze.
  • 7:20am- Seriously, I hate you! Please let me sleep!... press snooze.
  • 7:30am-I guess I should get up.
  • 7:45am- Drive to gym, fight traffic, hope I don't run out of gas, take 3 bites of my apple only to decide... it's a very yucky apple.
  • 8:30am-Arrive at gym to meet Gigi. Spend quality time with Gigi. Today's workout wasn't quite as awesome as the Tuesday workout... we were both exhausted.
  • 9:30am-Clean up and get ready for class... hurry, cause I didn't allow enough time, oops!
  • 10:20am-Physics 1020. Sadly this was the most relaxing aspect of my day.
  • 11:30am-Finally purchase the much needed gas, watch a man get arrested at the Exxon station. Scarf down my teeny tiny half sandwich, realize it's not going to be enough food.
  • 11:45am-Drive to Taco Bell. Enjoy a cheese-less bean burrito, now I'm full.
  • 12:00pm- Pick up paycheck, sigh because it's never enough money. Scoot on over to First Tennessee to deposit the check, wait in line for 10 minutes, almost steal the teller's pen, drive back to Starbucks.
  • 12:30pm- Don the Starbucks uniform. Grab a cup of coffee (I get free drinks during and within 30 minutes of a shift) and read The Last American Man, by Elizabeth Gilbert. (This was the guy's book club selection recently) I just started this, I needed to read something kind of light. It's about a man named Eustace Conway, he's pretty awesome, he lives in the wilderness. He makes me want to construct a tepee.
  • 1:00-6:00pm- Play coffee slave. Take a ten minute break, make some phone calls, send some text messages. Drink more coffee.
  • 6:00pm- Change into my pretty clothes again. Put on more make-up, generally freshen up.
  • 6:20pm- Hop in Brandon's car and ride to Taco Bell for some more burritos, we were in a hurry, and it actually sounded good twice in one day.
  • 7:00pm- Akathist to The Mother of God service at St. John. A very beautiful service. Honestly though, I was a bit too tired to appreciate it very much tonight.
  • 8:00pm- Drive back to Starbucks to get my car. Tell Brandon goodbye (he has to open in the morning.)
  • 8:45pm-Drive home, call Gigi (we're having a double date with Chase and Gigi tomorrow night) and plan our dinner.
  • 9:00pm- Get home (the first time in more than 12 hours) and google "Vegan Cheesecake".... realize "I need to go to Kroger."
  • 9:30pm- Take my little sister to Kroger to buy tofu, along with asparagus and zucchini for a roasted veggie side dish.
  • 10:00pm- Make the vegan cheesecake. Begin the internet browsing: Check e-mails, Facebook, my blog, friend's blogs... etc.
  • 10:30pm- Cheesecake's done! (Then refrigerate it.)
  • 12:00am-Realize I've been awake for a really long time, post on my blog....... maybe I should go to bed.

P.S. I got a new job! (This is not a replacement for my Starbucks job, but rather a supplement.) I'm going to be babysitting for a very nice family with one of the cutest two year old little girls ever. I start week after next. I'm so excited!

No comments: